Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sunday- Am I Right?


It’s Sunday and the ground is covered with snow for what I think is the first time this season though I could be totally wrong about that. I just can’t remember really. It feels like the first time though, and that’s what really matters here. I walked outside to get coffee around noon and suddenly had the urge to sit around and drink beer and eat hamburgers while wearing a big sweater and watching the snow outside. This is probably because I was walking by the Corner Bistro, where everyone was sitting drinking beer and eating hamburgers while wearing big sweaters and watching the show outside. I am dismissing this is as coincidence though.

Since I live in a glamorous neighborhood, I have seen entire blocks covered in snow at various points of the year because someone was making a movie that is set in the winter time. It’s pretty cool how they can make a whole block look like it has totally been snowing a ton outside. I would have thought that technology was twenty years off. I wonder how the people whose cars are parked on that block feel about digging their cars out of the snow in August though. Here’s to never really knowing for sure.

In other news, I read an interesting/amusing/annoying article in the New York Times today about a new nightclub that’s opening in Chelsea soon. I think it’s funny how the guys opening the club feel that the best way to battle all the lame clubs full of douchebags, Lindsay Lohan, and people who look like Lindsay Lohan is to open yet another lame club that will invariably fill up with douchebags, Lindsay Lohan, and people who look like Lindsay Lohan the second it opens. Why don't they just open a La Pain Quotidien while they're at it? And could these guys have posed for a douchier photo? I wonder if they all agreed not to smile beforehand. “Seriously, guys- don’t smile. We have to make sure everyone knows we are total dickheads and smiling might blow that for us. Okay, on the count of three....” The caption for this photo in the Times should have been printed with these guys'addresses at the end so people could go find them and punch them in the nuts. All of that having been said- God, I hope I get into their new club! Maybe I will finally get to meet Fat Joe.

And now for a palate cleanser- here is the new video by Down for their song “On March The Saints.” You can just tell none of the guys in this band are iPod DJ’s on the side and I really respect them for that.

Dave Hill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they should put those guys fom Down in the same locked room with the nightclub owners, just to see what happens. hehe.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home