Sunday, December 28, 2008

Flat Eric Carmen


Because I am constantly helping out the youth of America by both deed and example, today I designed/decorated/colored a Flat Stanley for a young fella I know. I used origami paper, a picture from a wig catalog, a marker, and some colored pencils. If you ask me, the Flat Stanley ended up looking a bit like a particularly well-dressed Eric Carmen, lead singer of the great Cleveland pop band the Raspberries. This was unintentional (the Eric Carmen part), yet a bit eerie and exciting (since I am a big Raspberries fan) at the same time. That’s Flat Stanley above. That’s Eric Carmen below. You tell me.

Dave Hill

4 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

Nice, but it looks more like Austin Powers to me. I'd have to see teeth to be sure.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Just Cruising by." ...Nice job on the Flat Eric Carmen. ....The Raspberries music "is always so-hard to get, ..why can't they make it readily available to people.???" ...iTunes..etc...

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, how is that you had a wig catalog laying around?

Have you seen Flat Stanley: The Musical? Just curious.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Heart's Desire Jewelry said...

As I was strolling down a memory lane in Cleveland, I remembered the JP Snodgrass store up at Cedar Center and tried googling images of it. I really wanted to see what the plastic shopping bag looked like. No luck there, but I was jumping from link to link reliving many things I had forgotten about. Once of those things was Eric Carmen and the Raspberries. I was curious what Eric Carmen looked like today and among many other images I found the image of your flat Stanley (I mean Eric). Spot on. Small world. :) Your neighbor from next door, Ann Marie

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home