Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cake And How It Is Seriously Good


This morning I decided to do a little grocery shopping because I was hungry and- as buying food goes- a grocery store is pretty good place to start. Since I didn’t want to get too crazy or anything, I decided to focus on the task at hand and only buy stuff that I planned on eating immediately. To that end, I bought a half gallon of milk, some bananas, and some Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes with 1/3 less sugar than the regular Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes. Not surprisingly, the Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes with 1/3 less sugar than the regular kind are exactly 1/3 less good than the regular kind. Still, 1/3 less good than the regular kind is still pretty darn good if you ask me, so- in keeping with my uncompromising health regimen- I don’t mind having 1/3 less fun while eating cereal. I ended up putting some of the bananas on top of the cereal anyway and that really seemed to add to the fun in a whole other way because of the fruit element, which is great.

Anyway, in addition to the above items, I also bought an Entenmann’s chocolate fudge cake. It’s not the kind of item I normally set out to the grocery store to buy, but whenever I notice them sitting there by the register I am always reminded how having a nice cake around is pretty much a recipe for instant good times. I guess that’s why they put the delicious cakes and cookies by the register in the first place. Anyway, I ended up buying one and have pretty much been eating the delicious cake and not doing much else ever since. Those cakes are popular for a reason, dammit. Man, are those Entenmann’s people onto something or what. Am I right or am I right? Or am I right?

As long as we’re on the topic of Entenmann’s, I wanted to point out that when the popular Entenmann’s dessert products first hit the market when I was a kid growing up in scenic Cleveland, Ohio, I somehow how thought they made everything right there in my hometown. I’m guessing it was the packaging that got me (which I’m guessing is exactly what the Entenmann’s people had in mind when they came up with the packaging. They are a Savvy bunch). Anyway, I was pretty excited that such delicious cakes and cookies were being made right there in my hometown. It was something to be proud of, I thought. Then one day I found out it wasn’t true and a bit of the magic was lost for me. The cake is still pretty good though. I also eat the cookies sometimes too. Generally speaking however, if you are looking to really ratchet things up a bit on the fun meter, getting a delicious cake is the way to go. I am alone today eating cake and I am having a serious blast. Imagine if I were to throw a couple friends into the mix. Now that would be one good time because everyone loves cake. Buy a delicious cake today and eat with some friends and then you will sit there and think about how you totally know what I am talking about. Just don't buy any of that diet cake bullshit. What- are you f&%king kidding me? That is no fun.

Dave Hill