Friday, September 12, 2008

The Dave Hill Explosion w/Steve Guttenberg, Chris March, And TAB the Band Sept. 18 At The UCB Theatre


Attention People of New York City:

Hello. This is your man Dave Hill writing to let you know that this coming Thursday, September 18 at 9:30pm, I will be stepping out onto the stage of the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre over there in Chelsea for what critics are already calling β€œan exhilarating evening,” β€œa triumph of the human spirit,” and "the show that makes 'Wicked,' 'Mamma Mia!,' and 'Jersey Boys' it's bitch without even f#@king trying!" I am of course referring to my seriously good semi-one-man chat/variety/donkey show the Dave Hill Explosion. Of particular excitement this time around is the fact that my show next week will mark my third anniversary of Exploding (give or take a few weeks in either direction- no one really knows for sure). A lot of people said it wouldn't last this long. Including me. Okay, especially me. Still others thought I might not even live that long, you know, what with the baboon heart and all. And as I sit here contemplating the whole thing, I am reminded of a quote by the French author Albert Camus that reads "It is not your paintings I like, it is your painting," something I fail to understand. Anyway, you should totally come to my show next week if you can. It pretty much has everything- singing, dancing, talking, reading, small and large dogs for the touching and- in some cases- the taking, fire, smoke, knives, the splits, and candy. As if all of that is not enough, I will also be joined by incredible guests like Hollywood's Steve Guttenerg, whom you no doubt know from such films as Three Men and a Baby, Three Men and a Little Lady, Police Academy, Police Academy 2, Police Academy 3, Cocoon, Cocoon 2: The Return, Short Circuit, and a whole bunch of other movies, some with sequels, some without; celebrated designer, stylist, and man-about-town Chris March, whom you no doubt know from the popular Heidi Klum vehicle Project Runway, now in its fifth exhilarating season; and the hot Boston rock band TAB the Band, who just completed a tour opening for Stone Temple Pilots, the popular rock band that has seen its share of trouble but still perseveres, something we can all learn from. And as usual, my bearded sidebitch Phil will be there in all his house arrest-violating glory. Join us, won't you? That would be so great. You can reserve tickets at no advance cost to you or those you hold dear right here.

Together we can make a difference,
Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home