Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year + One Crazy Ass Fish


Alright, for starters, Happy New Year. I mean, let’s just get that out of the way right now. This year is going to be different. I can feel it. And I mean that in a good way that involves better hair and outfits for everybody and also a bunch of other good stuff besides that.

In other news, today I went to eat the fuck out of some dim sum and saw this fish hanging out upside down in the tank out front (He’s the fun one on the right). Make no bones about it- this fish plays by his own set of rules (the main rule, of course, being that there are no rules, especially when you are a fish in a Chinese restaurant). When we left an hour or so later, the fish was still totally hanging out upside down. I mean, hey, why not? You’re a fish sitting in a tank in a Chinese restaurant all day, you gotta mix it up every once in a while. I imagine when he finally gets scooped out of the tank and served up with some Szechuan sauce or something, all the other fish in the tank will be all like “That was one crazy motherfucking fish. Motherfucker used to hang out upside down all day. Shit was crazy.” Then they will probably just get back to doing mostly nothing until it’s their turn to die. It will be just like that.

Dave Hill

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your posts amuse me ever so. You know, I've never had Dim Sum. What is it actually? I hear savvy people (New Yorkers mostly, oddly enough) talk about it, and I feel so uncultured when I realize I've never experienced this delicacy. The most exotic I get is going to the Pho (Vietnamese noodles) restaurant and being The White Girl once a week or so.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Dave Hill said...

thank you! dim sum is like chinese brunch. i highly recommend it if you like stuffing your face like i do. i'm a big pho fan too. actually, the coin toss today was between pho and dim sum. maybe pho tomorrow.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found you through your videos on youtube, and I have to say, you Dave, are one hilarious guy. Visited your site, and ended up here, and I'm glad I did. I also found Valley Lodge, which turned out to be a pretty sweet find as well.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Dave Hill said...

hey nic- thank you! and thank you for checking out my various exploits. i'm glad you are enjoying them.

rock,
dave

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home