Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Change Of Plans


Some rough news just came in from wnbc.com. I guess some people just don’t want to believe in love:

School Board May Ban Adult Dates From Prom
POSTED: 9:40 am EST January 25, 2006

HAMBURG, Pa. -- A Pennsylvania school board is considering whether to ban people 21 and older from the high school prom.

The Hamburg School Board is expected to vote on the matter next month. Administrators said their primary concern is that guests 21 or older could legally buy alcohol.

Some, like board member Brian Specht, said dances are for students. Specht said it seems to him that "21 years old or older is an adult."

Two high school seniors, Erica Frantz and Jennifer Glass, both 18, had spoken to the board in December about bringing 22-year-old boyfriends to the dance. Frantz said she had been dating her boyfriend since she was a freshman and he was a senior.

Board member John Driscoll said, "I don't know why somebody over 21 would even want to go to a prom."

Janet, if you are reading this, I am so, so sorry. I guess we'll just have to plan the best night ever on our own.

Dave Hill

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Dave--it can be done. I took a 35-year-old guy to my prom. And a good ten years past before I realized how he raped me of my innocence.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100 adult free personals

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

comment myspace

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home