Friday, April 14, 2006

Hockey's Wayne Gretzky


Here's a video I stumbled upon last night in my drowsy-but-unwilling-to-get-off-the-Internet-and-go-to-bed state. It's hockey's Wayne Gretzky being awesome. This particular clip highlights the time he scored 50 goals in 39 games one season, thus setting a new record (and, of course, kicking the crap out of the old one). I remember when this happened when I was a little kid and I was pretty darn excited about it. I'm not a big "sports guy," but I do love hockey and I do love that Wayne Gretzky. I mean, not in that way, but you know what I mean. Aside from "loving the game," there's something about hockey that's always seemed way less bullshit than pro football, basketball, and baseball and Wayne has always been the embodiment of that for me. I wonder if it's because I'm a 1/4 Canadian. Well, here's to never really knowing for sure.

Dave Hill

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are make me want to make a internet blog too!

the other thing i JUST realized that is a result of an arbitrary whim to google "miniature cattle" is that I FUCKING WANT A MINIATURE COW. really bad.

imagine if this was a blog post? i am so starting a blog. thank you dave hill!

now the want has turned to need.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are make me want to make a internet blog too!

the other thing i JUST realized that is a result of an arbitrary whim to google "miniature cattle" is that I FUCKING WANT A MINIATURE COW. really bad.

imagine if this was a blog post? i am so starting a blog. thank you dave hill!

now the want has turned to need.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't mean to post that twice, my mousehand was shaking and twitching out of lust for miniature cattle, and i double-clicked by mistake. SORREEEEEY!!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sharon Shiner said...

I love Wayne Gretzky, and had the Wayne Gretzky doll when I was growing up, no lie, just ask Anney.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home