Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Explosive Explosion TOMORROW!


Attention People of New York City:

Hello. This your man Dave Hill again. From before. Anyway, remember how a few days ago I was totally pestering you about coming to my popular nightclub act, known in the trade as The Dave Hill Explosion? Well, I am totally doing it again, which leads me to my next point- TOMORROW night, which is to say July 17, 2008 at 9:30pm, I am going to be stepping out onto the stage of the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre over there in Chelsea and really swinging for the fences, something baseball fans might recognize as a baseball reference. But let's back it up a bit. July 17th- kind of rings a bell, doesn't it? And why not? After all, it's the same day that Catherine II (or Catherine the Great as she was known on T-shirts and all other official despot-related merchandise at the time) became tzar of Russia upon the accidental murder of her husband Peter III of Russia in 1762, something I have been calling bullsh*t on for, like, a seriously long time. F@#kin' despots- they act like they totally run the place or something! Whatevs. Anyway, I really hope you can come to my show tomorrow. It pretty much has everything- talking, singing, dancing, fire, knives, clapping, bees, snacks, partial nudity, tears, and also a couple short films I have made in my spare time. As if all of that is not enough, I will also be joined tomorrow by human ray of sunshine Martha Plimpton and Lucy Wainwright Roche, the folk assassin. And, of course, the bearded one, Phil, will be there too, vocalizin', socializin', and generally creeping everybody out. You should totally come- if not for all the just plain electric stuff I just mentioned, then definitely to celebrate the birthday of Russian mathematician Sergei K. Godunuv, who proved that "linear numerical schemes for solving partial differential equations, having the property of not generating new extrema, can be at most first-order accurate," called it Godunov's theorem, and then would pretty much not shut about it. You can get tickets to my show right here.

Your man,
Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home