Thursday, November 13, 2008

Go See The Roches At Highline Ballroom Next Weekend Or I Will Stab You


The Roches, pretty much the most awesome folk trio ever (Peter, Paul, and Mary can suck it), are playing what are rumored to be some of their last ever New York City shows on November 21 and November 22 at the Highline Ballroom. You should totally go. There has never been another group like the Roches and there never will be. I got into them pretty late in the game- just in the last couple years- and I regret not checking them out, like, twenty years ago or so because I would have had a lot of great listening going on for myself. I’m not a big folk fan generally speaking, but- like all great artists- the Roches transcend any genre one might try to stick them into, so much in fact that even a heavy metal-obsessed youngish man like myself can flip for them. They sing great and they have been writing consistently great songs their entire career. In short, the Roches are so fucking awesome it’s not even fucking funny.

You can hear the Roches here and get more info on the shows, both of which will feature the arena-ready Lucy Wainwright Roche as the opener, here. And when you come to the show, be sure to say hi to me. I will be the guy right up front with no shirt on.

Dave Hill

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for the Roches!!! And the maaaaaarried men.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!! I LOVE the Roches since my mom listened to them when I was a kid! NO ONE has even mentioned them in years!! I LOVE YOU!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home