Monday, December 01, 2008

The Godfathers


Back when I was a young person and anything seemed possible, my friend Willie turned me onto a band from England called the Godfathers, a badass quintet that trafficked in hits. The band had a relatively short run of rocking people in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s before closing up shop (though I understand they’ve recently reunited for some shows). They were/are pretty awesome. I had a chance to see them play in New York back when I was in college and was willing to leave the house. The Godfathers’ lead guitar player had an awesome Zemaitis Les Paul-style guitar with silvery tiles all over it. It was badass and so was the band in general. They dressed really well and had incredible hair too- which is half the battle if you really think about it (or even if you don’t think that hard about it at all). Above is the video for the Godfathers hit “I Want Everything.” I hope you enjoy it so much. You can get some of their music on iTunes. And you should.

Dave Hill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

god bless you for not only being hilarious but for having great taste in music.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home