Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Dave Hill Explosion w/Cowboy Randy Jones from the Village People and Lucy Wainwright Roche. Come, Dammit.


Attention People Of New York City:

I just wanted to remind you one last time that TOMORROW, Thursday, February 15 at 9:30pm, I will be breaking out another mindbending installment of my popular nightclub act, The Dave Hill Explosion, at the conveniently located Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, the pride of Chelsea. As I write to you from my modest yet tastefully decorated apartment high above the mean streets of this town, a fierce blanket of snow is moving in from my Nordic homeland, threatening to kill us all in our sleep. Still, not even the frozen sweat of Jesus is a match for the kind of heat I will bringing without even trying tomorrow night at my popular show. In fact, if those bastards over at the American Meteorological Society know what is good for them, they will start putting out word of a flood warning in New York City as soon as possible (the implication of course being that the heat produced from my performance will cause a shift in barometric pressure that will rapidly melt the snow, turning it into an excess of water that could potentially lead to the loss of property of life). I guess it it also no small irony that I write to you on Valentine's Day. I do not expect many of you to know this, but it is on this very day nine years ago that I met, romanced, and married my first wife Peg Romijn-Stamos, a Paramus showgirl with a taste for knives, fast cars, and jerky. I lost her in a Mexican divorce not six weeks later. Anyway, my show tomorrow is going to be really great. Aside from all the usual incredible stuff, I am going to be joined on my show by some really incredible guests, including but not necessarily limited to Cowboy Randy Jones
from the Village People and the delightful songstress Lucy Wainwright Roche. Dammit I hope you can make it. In fact, why not reserve a ticket or several right here?

XO,
Dave Hill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait, Dave Hill. I'm coming and so are three of my friends. Happy belated Valentine's Day!
-Sean T

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home