Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I Am A Scene Favorite. I Need You To Be Comfortable With That.


Because I am both shameless and attention-starved, I wanted to mention that I was mentioned in a mention in the current issue of New York Magazine in their "Best of New York" issue. In their mention of the popular and excellent comedy show "Tearing the Veil of Maya" at Union Hall as the "Best Indie Comedy Night," I am totally mentioned as a "scene favorite." I don't know about me being a "scene favorite" or not (that is not for me, Dave Hill, to say), but I am still totally going to mention it to my parents should the need to borrow money arise anytime soon. Or maybe I will just mention it to them anyway. I will mention my mention in a mention to them. Anyway, you can read the mention where I am mentioned here or you could just keep looking down and read it. It goes a little something like this:

"Best Indie-Comedy Night:
Tearing the Veil of Maya
Union Hall, 702 Union St., nr. Fifth Ave., Park Slope; 718-638-4400
Every Sunday at 8 p.m., perennially almost-huge local talents Eugene Mirman and Michael Showalter draw a standing-room-only crowd to the basement of Union Hall, where the pair host their favorite stand-up performers in what’s quickly become the city’s hottest alt-comedy ticket. Local scene favorites (Aziz Ansari, Dave Hill, Greg Johnson, Chelsea Peretti) take the stage alongside bigger names (David Cross, Sarah Silverman), though you might not know it beforehand: They’re most often billed only as the week’s “special guests.” Luckily, the hosts’ finely tuned funny bones are unbeatable insurance that you won’t go home disappointed; and with a modest $7 entrance fee, the hour-and-a-half affair will cost you less than a cocktail at one of the city’s overblown big-box clubs."

Okay, so there is that. In other news, here's a good Cheap Trick video. Sexual innuendo, multiple-necked guitars, a rotary pay phone- this video pretty much has everything. I hope you enjoy it so much:


Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home