Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Plague-Like Symptoms And Other Topics


I am battling plague-like symptoms today, mostly brought on by alcohol abuse, sleep deprivation, and walking around with wet hair. I say this not to be all like “I am totally a guy who parties a lot and doesn’t sleep and is always walking around with wet hair.” To be fair, though, I guess I could say that and it would be fairly accurate, at least compared to, like, some old guy who doesn’t party and sleeps a lot with dry hair and stuff. The important thing though is that- despire all of the above- my hair still looks incredible. Honestly, I don’t know how I do it sometimes.

I’ve just returned from a “business lunch” during which I ate some salad that featured some smoked chicken and apples and stuff. I had originally thought to order the roast chicken but then called an audible at the last second and got the salad. It was a mistake. The smoked chicken tasted almost like smoked salmon. I guess it was the smokiness I was reallly focused on and then just started thinking about salmon for some reason and then it was just too late to turn things around. I like smoked products and I tolerate salmon, but the moral of the story here is to go with your gut. I should have had the roast chicken.

In other news, last night I did the popular Cavalcade show at the UCB Theatre. The show was hosted by the great Tony Camin and featured me, Australia’s Tim Minchin, and the lovely Jacqueline Novak as the featured performers on the show. I had never seen Tim perform in person before and I thought he was really great and super funny. He is doing a show at the New World Stages in Midtown for another couple weeks and I am totally going to check that shit out. You should too or I will kick you in the nuts.

Jacqueline Novak was excellent as always too. I hadn’t seen her in a while so I was really happy we were on the bill together. There are some nice pictures of the show here. You like pictures, right? Go look at them. I mean, hey, why not?

Hmmm, what else? You heard about the towers, right? I still can’t believe it. I hate you Osama Bin Laden!

Okay, nap time.

Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home