Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thursdays. Man.


Thursdays- will we ever really understand them? There’s a part of me that likes them because you can practically see the weekend from here. But then pretty much every day is exactly the same for me, weekend or not, so I’m not sure what I am getting all worked up about. I really need to bring it down.

I am in a near-coma today because I stayed up too late reading David Carr’s excellent junkie memoir “Night of the Gun.” Man, that guy really liked drugs. I mean, like, for real. I get all sick just reading it, and I’ve never even done any drugs before (unless you count alcohol and cigarettes, which I guess count). You should totally read it.

I also read- like tons of other folks I’m sure- Malcom Gladwell’s new book, “Outliers” (here seen with a weirdly different cover than the one I read) which I found really interesting and fun to read. Like his other books, it’s at once intellectual and academic while also easy for a dope like me to understand. And to paraphrase my friend Alessi, it will make you have a good think, especially if you are a 1/4 Canadian hockey player like me (this not-so-good joke will make slight sense to those who read the book).

Hmm, what else. Maybe I better get back to taking over the world. While I do that, you should watch this Kinks video for “Sunny Afternoon.” Dave Davies plays a Flying V on a snowy hillside. Last time I checked, that is pretty much how it’s done:


Dave Hill

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, are you the guy who posts some of the funny comments on BV?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Dave Hill said...

They write about me on BV sometimes, but I don't write comments over there. But I do like reading them.

Dave

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home