Sunday, July 30, 2006

An Unfortunate Beverage Decision


I’ve just returned from a long walk in my scenic Brooklyn neighborhood. It is hot as balls outside. In an effort to avoid passing out on the sidewalk, I stopped off for some ice cream and a bottle of water. I was going to get some sparkling water of some sort but then I saw a bottle of this stuff called Metromint, which- as the name suggests- is basically water with mint flavoring. It sounded kind disgusting at first but then I decided to keep an open mind about things and also reminded myself how sometimes I like drinking water right after brushing my teeth because the water has kind of a nice minty flavor. I decided to buy a bottle of it along with a pint of coffee ice cream.

As it turns out, there are several problems with the Metromint water. Dammit. For starters, it cost $2.50. Unless it’s going to give you superpowers or a handjob or something, this is way too much to be paying for a bottle of water. I felt like kind of a douchebag actually paying for it but I was too lazy to carry it all the way back to the cooler.

Once I got outside, I decided to give the Metromint water a shot. It pretty much tastes how water tastes when you drink it while chewing gum. This made me instantly think about how I could have had the same water drinking experience by just buying a regular bottle of water and 25¢ pack of gum, which would have been quite a savings over the $2.50 bottle of crappy mint water I held in my hand. Making matters worse, since I wasn’t actually chewing gum while drinking this particular bottle of water, it seemed more like someone else had dropped their piece of gum into my bottle of water. I had to keep reminding myself that this was not the case as I drank my overpriced bottle of Metromint. I guess the thing to do would have been to just stop drinking the bottle of Metromint altogether, but since I had already paid $2.50 for it I figured I had no choice but to suck it down (I am a cheap bastard). Plus, the label on the bottle said something about mint having healing powers so I figured it couldn’t be all bad.

Once I got home, I checked out the Metromint website to do a little more research on the product. Based on all the pictures of dudes hanging out with hot chicks while drinking bottles of Metromint that they had on the website, the Metromint water is pretty much guaranteed to get you laid, which is great. I will let you know what happens. So far, so not good.

Dave Hill

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

compare car insurance
direct line car insurance
car insurance rating
free car insurance quote
cheap car insurance online
car accident insurance
cheap car insurance online
compare car insurance
general car insurance
aaa car insurance
fresno car insurance
car
insurance philadelphia

state farm car insurance
car accident insurance
in car insurance
cheap car insurance for young driver
best car insurance company
texas car insurance
agent car company home insurance life quote rate
cheap car insurance for young driver
buy car insurance online
car
insurance philadelphia

cheap car insurance uk
cheap car insurance uk
auto insurance company
car insurance rate
car insurance broker
buy car insurance online
affordable car insurance
discount car insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
free car insurance quote

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheldon Player has released his much anticipated bottled water Jackson Hole H2O. Sheldon Player started the water company out of his ranch in Jackson Hole Wyoming. Sheldon player has grown the company to be a national success and plans to target huge market growth.
Jackson Hole, WY (PRWeb) February 27, 2007 -- Sheldon Player announces Jackson Hole H2O is a highly anticipated bottled water beverage that began hitting the shelves early this year. Since the initial release of Jackson Hole H2O, a lot of excitement has been generated throughout the retail beverage industry. "Retailers nationwide have been inquiring about our product," says Sheldon Player

Jackson Hole H2O has been scouring the nation looking for distribution points and local retailers to stock the superb bottled water product. "We are trying to get Jackson Hole H2O on the shelves before launching a large scale advertising campaign," stated Sheldon Player.

Sheldon Player started Jackson Hole H2O to answer the public demand that people have to consume only extremely pure Bottled Water. "Gone are the days of selling products with a fancy label," recalls Player. Our products only contain the purest water from Glacial reserves. Sheldon Player insists that you will be exceptionally refreshed at the pleasant taste of our pure bottled drinking water.

For more information about Sheldon Player's Jackson Hole H2O bottled water, visit our website:

Sheldon Player Jackson Hole H2O

Sheldon Player
Jackson Hole H2O

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I think the collection should secure more info then it has.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I dream the brief should acquire more info then it has.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home