Saturday, July 22, 2006

Still In San Diego. Dammit.


I have just returned home from another long day of acting like a retard on camera at Comic Con in San Diego. The fatigue is setting in. Even acting like a retard will tire you out if you do it long enough (though I imagine people get tired of watching me act like a retard faster than I actually get tired of acting like a retard. Or at least that’s the sense I’ve gotten over the years). I don’t know if I mentioned this yet, but the people I am acting like a retard on camera for are Fox Atomic, which is a part of the big Fox movie company, and also Stupidvideos.com, which- as hinted at in the name- is a website that features videos of the stupid variety. It’s really big with the kids these days.

Anyway, the highlight of today was meeting Chuck D from Public Enemy. I was talking to some nice gay dudes who make some cool gay-themed comic books (One was called Shirtlifter. The drawings were really great and I could really appreciate them even though I am so totally not gay it’s not even funny), and then I turned around and there was Chuck D signing copies of a Public Enemy comic book. I’ve been a big fan of Public Enemy over the years so it was nice to finally meet him though I have to admit I was a bit intimidated and found myself sounding like a fifteen year-old the whole time I was talking to him. He is Chuck D after all. As you can see in the picture above though, we are practically best friends now. We still can’t agree which one of our house’s we’ll be doing Thanksgiving at this year though. But that’s just how it is with me and Chuck- we fight all the time but dammit we can’t get enough of each other. I guess I just can’t stay mad at him.

I also met the girls in the photo above who were dressed as characters from some sort of Japanese cartoon or “anime” as the kids call it. They were really nice though the girl with the pink hair kept blowing a coach’s whistle right near my head every couple minutes, which got annoying pretty much instantly. I am really glad Chuck D didn’t try and pull any of that crap.

After finishing up for the day, I swung by the pool here at the Marriott where I saw the cool duck in the photo above. He was swimming all alone in a pond right by the pool. I wondered if he was lonely and then I felt a closeness to him since I am all alone here in San Diego too. Despite our closeness, however, the duck kept swimming away from me every time I tried to take his picture. Finally, I caught him when he decided to take a little break under those branches and stuff. In the photo, he looks really mean but in real life he seemed to pretty nice as ducks go and really didn’t seem to have any sinister plans whatsoever as far as I can tell. Still, I can’t figure out why he kept swimming away from me. Dammit I am so tired of his bullshit.

Dave Hill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you do it again, there's pages four and five.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home