Friday, July 21, 2006

More San Diego Mayhem


Last night I ate dinner alone in a fake Irish pub-type place they had in the lobby of this massive Marriott hotel I am staying at here in San Diego. The hotel is packed both with people attending Comic Con and people attending a school teachers convention of some sort, so I have to dodge either someone dressed as a stormtrooper or a woman in pleated jeans every ten feet or so. Anyway, at the fake Irish pub place I ate the traditional Irish meal of buffalo wings and french fries. I felt like I had taken a journey to my ancestral homeland. It was really, really great for me and pretty much everyone around me.

After that, I went up to my room and just sort of lied around in my underwear, which was prettty great for me and whoever could see in my window I imagine. There are like fifty pillows on my bed here for some reason. I can pretty much only make use of a couple at a time, so I just throw the rest on the floor for the most part. The picture above is of me just totally hanging out with all the pillows and having a seriously good time resting while I plot my next move.

I spent part of today over at Comic Con again, interviewing people and whatnot. The highlight was meeting Stan Lee, creator of Spider Man and a bunch of other comics. He is a god in these parts and has really great hair. I also saw Samuel L. Jackson but he wouldn’t stop to talk to me. Dammit. I am going to stab him. No, not really. But I might not go see “Snakes On A Plane” more than a couple times just to get him back.

Another highlight from today was meeting the large red character above whose name I can’t remember. We had good times though. In the photo, I am placing my microphone in a manner in which to suggest that it is the penis of the red character. As you can probably imagine, we all got a big, big laugh out of that because that sort of thing is pretty much funny every single time.

I also met these nice people (pictured above), a couple in which the woman dresses as a Stars Wars character and the dude just dresses as a guy who really looks great in a pair of shorts. They seemed to be having a real nice time. Wish I would have gotten their names, addresses, and phone numbers.

Now I am back at the hotel again and trying to figure out what to do next. While I do that, check out the picture above that a friend sent me from her trip to Spain. Apparently kids wear thongs over there. The people of Spain- they are so, so far ahead of us.

Dave Hill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair is particularly sexy in these shots - it always is I know but these pictures really do belong on pages one, two and three of the textbook of hair sexiness, which I am writing. Then that child has to spoil it by being disturbing, dammit.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home