Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Dave Hill Explosion w/Sandra Bernhard + Joan Wasser At UCB Theatre TOMORROW Night



Attention People Of New York City:

Hi. How are you? Really great, I hope. Anyway, I was just writing to remind you one last time that TOMORROW night, Thursday, October 5 at 9:30pm at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre (in historic Chelsea!) I am going to be making full use of my allotted stage time with a reasonably priced 45 minutes or so of entertainment I like to call The Dave Hill Explosion. Talk about one for the F#&k Yeah files, well this is totally an example of that. Imagine, if you will, a show that combines the raucous good times of the hit Broadway musical Hairspray with the on-the-edge-of-your-seatness of a Haitian cockfight. Now throw in a knife-throwing competition, a raffle, and a moving tribute to the 1980 United States gold medal-winning Olympic ice hockey team through dance and you are starting to get the picture. As if all that is not enough, I am going to be joined on my popular show by the lovely and talented star of stage and screen, actor/comedian/singer Sandra Bernhard, whom you no doubt know from her work in a million different things, as well as the lovely and talented songwriter/violinist/pianist/guitarist/chanteuse Joan Wasser a/k/a Joan As Police Woman, who- in addition to her excellent solo work- has played with everyone from Rufus Wainwright to Antony and the Johnsons to Lou Reed to Nick Cave to the Scissor Sisters. So there. Man, is this going to be a hot time. I can feel it. I made posters and everything. I really hope you can make it. You can reserve a ticket at no cost to you or your loved ones (you only have to pay if you actually show up) here.

Your man,
Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home