Sunday, October 07, 2007

Buy The Fuck Out Of This Book


During my formative years in my hometown of Cleveland, Ohio, one of my favorite things to do was to read Michael Heaton’s weekly “Minister of Culture” column in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Each week Michael managed to be smart and funny and- perhaps most importantly- made me realize I wasn’t alone in this world, dammit. He’s still smart and funny and now there’s a book of some of his best feature-length reporting called ”Truth and Justice for Fun and Profit” that I urge you to totally buy the fuck out of (which is to say purchase a copy for yourself and then a few others for your loved ones and then maybe a few more copies after that for reasons to be determined later). If you don’t like this book, you can find me and kick me in the nuts. And for you Us Weekly types, I’ll also tell you that Michael is the brother of television’s Patricia Heaton. But shame on you if that even factors into the equation for you here. The more impressive thing is that Michael co-authored the autobiography of talk show legend Mike Douglas. Beat that, motherfucker. Anyway, my point is that Michael Heaton is a great writer and one of the first people in my life who dared me to dream (without him even realizing it I am guessing), so- once again- buy the fuck out of this book right here. And if it doesn’t work out for you, well, you know where to find my nuts.

Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home