Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween, LVHRD, Slade, And Stuff


It is Halloween and the day is full of possibilities, candy, and girls dressed as sluts. I have not decided how I am going to handle all of this just yet (aside from dressing up as Edie Beale again, that is).

Last night, I hosted the fuck out of an event for the popular LVHRD organization called FSHNDL IV: UNDD BLL. As you may have gathered by now, the LVHRD people are entirely opposed to the use of vowels. Seriously, they really seem to hate them. So in simpler times I might have told you that the Live Hard organization put on an event called Fashion Duel IV: Undead Ball. As of this writing, however, this is simply not possible.

Anyway, the vowel-less event that I hosted the fuck out of last night was good times and involved- among other things- two design teams (Eventide and the Lake and the Stars) going toe-to-toe in a battle of wits, electrical tape, paper, and scissors to design elaborate gowns for two models who were standing around in their underwear to the delight of me and pretty much anyone else in attendance who might be a sucker for that sort of thing (i.e. drunk dudes). There was free stuff to drink (courtesy of the Dewar’s and Brooklyn Brewery people), loud music (courtesy of DJ Woodman), and people covered in fake blood that smelled just like chocolate (courtesy of a genius I would love to meet). All in all, not bad for a Tuesday. Next time I will bring the whole family. Seriously though, dammit, the LVHRD people- despite their hatred of vowels- know how to cook up a good time and for that (and many other things) they are to be commended. Next time they have some shit going on you should totally go cuz you will be loving that shit like a motherfucker.

In other news, here is a video for Slade’s “Cum on Feel the Noize.” Most Americans probably know Quiet Riot’s version of the song. But let the record show it is originally by Slade and I think their version is pretty great (too). Also, Slade’s guitar player is named Dave Hill (the guy with the impressive bangs) so I’m kind of biased here, you know, because that’s my name too. And don’t even get me started on the plaid vest/pants/hat combo. Screw those tight silver suits we were promised, in the future I hope everyone dresses just like this.

Dave Hill

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ach Dave I'm glad you posted. Just sitting here in the dark pretending not to be in. I was just on a forum which is y'know, supposed to be fun. Some bloke from Iowa (who posts a lot and is usually fine) posted up a link to the Wikipedia article of the Bhopal disaster and said "I just love this article - here if you want some jobs" or something. There were emoticons. I wrote back in no uncertain terms that he was wrong and appraised him of the situation, suggesting he take back what he said in light of just how terrible it was. So he replied that they've taken 500,000 of "OUR" jobs etc. I replied that I have different priorities - lives over jobs and basically that it was the US corporation's greed that took their jobs and killed and harmed so many people. Of course next he notices I'm from UK and rolls out the old "you'd be talking German" and "dentistry" crap - yawn! How many times do I have to hear that load of toss?! He also used racial stereotypes about Indians I won't even type. Anyway, it goes no further once it gets personal so I put him on ignore and complained to the admin. It's just, 2 hours later on a busy board with other threads being posted, no one else has admonished him. I was nearly crying with anger. Then I checked your page and you cheered me up, then there's Slade on top of that. Well done you totally took the edge off it.

xx

JCE

Ps Those aren't bangs it's a sort of Egyptian headdress like Joan Collins has worn.. His bangs are top notch though, but nowadays covered by a cowboy hat. They probably aren't there anymore. Sorry about the length.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny what you said about girls dressing as sluts. i was at the west hollywood parade and i thought that same thing - more specifically - it seemed like they were all dressed as schoolgirl sluts. not that i'm complaining or anything.

e.h.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home