Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fleetwood Mac


I have totally been listening to Fleetwood Mac lately. In fact, I am listening to Fleetwood Mac even as I type this. I am stating the obvious here, but there was/is something really magical about this band. And I’m not just saying this because of those rumors about Stevie Nicks having cocaine blown up her ass with a straw because her nose just couldn’t handle it either (though let the record show that I think the very notion of that is completely awesome). No, I just really like their music. Something about it makes it seem like it’s August and the sun is setting every time I put it on. And also no one is wearing shoes for some reason. I don’t know how they do it, those Fleetwood Mac people.

Above is a video of Fleetwood Mac playing their excellent song “Sara” at a concert in 1979 or so. I like how Stevie Nicks always looked like she was about go to a Renaissance fair all the time. She makes me just want to run out and buy one of those plant holders made of rope that you can hang from the ceiling and then just sit and look at the plant while listening to Fleetwood Mac some more. File under: the best time ever.

Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home