Monday, July 28, 2008

San Diego Comic Con And The Beginning of My West Coast Invasion


Today I write to you from scenic Los Angeles, Home of the Stars, where I have just arrived after a few days at Comic Con 2008 in San Diego, which is south of here. I never thought I’d ever be able to say this, but this was actually my fourth Comic Con (two in New York, two in San Diego). This time around, I was doing some video stuff for MSN, the popular Internet portal. You can see some of the videos I did here. I hope you like them so much. Seriously, go watch them now or I will cut myself.

I was pretty busy running around and shooting stuff most of the time at Comic Con, but I did get to check out a bunch of cool and/or scary stuff and even got to meet Frank Kozik, one of my favorite artists, whom you might know from his popular rock poster art and stuff. I also bought a little book of Ghana movie posters and also a small plastic bear, pictured above (that is not the actual bear I bought, but I swear to you mine totally looks just like it). Sometimes I just love to part with my money. Plus, chicks really dig grown men with toys all over their apartment (NOTE: To be fair, I don’t really have that many. Actually, I think I have a highly bangable balance of totally grown up stuff and kinda/sort manchild stuff in my apartment. Phew- glad I got that out of the way).

Another highlight of my visit to Comic Con was meeting Catblue Dynamite (or rather a girl from Tokyo dressed as the popular anime character). She didn’t speak much English, but I am pretty sure we were crazy about each other. I guess I’ll never really know for sure. That is a video of her dancing above that I found on the Internet. I’m not really sure why the person who shot it held their camera sideways. It is messing with my head, like, for real.

Okay, I am off to do something or another right now. I will totally give you a full update soon. It is going to be incredible.

Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home