Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Importance Of Rocking


I found this cool animated GIF of Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell on the “net” the other day and thought I’d share it with you. As hinted at with that whole “R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell 1966-2004” thing in the photo, Dimebag Darrell died last year or- more accurately- was the victim of a brutal murder, having been shot by a crazed fan while playing a show with his other band, Damageplan, last December. You probably heard about it. It was a pretty huge bummer for any number of reasons.

Anyway, my intention with this entry is not to bum you out or anything. It’s just that Pantera has always been near the top (Some days, depending on my mood, they are in fact at the very top) of my short list of favorite metal bands and when I happened upon this animated GIF of Dimebag Darrell, I just got kind of excited. It made me want to rock. Maybe it will make you want to rock too. Life is short. It’s important to rock as much as humanly possible. You don’t even have to be able to play an instrument. More often than not, rocking is just a state of mind. You might be rocking right now and not even realize it. When you’re at a Thai restaurant and you order a dish of chicken basil or something just slightly spicier than you are normally comfortable with, you are rocking. When you have some unidentifiable crap on your hands and- rather than just washing them- you rub them in your hair instead, you are rocking (This admittedly can be kind of gross and even regretful at times, but hopefully you see my point). When you stroll around your house naked even though your blinds are totally open and somebody could easily look in and see your goods, you are rocking. You get the picture. So anyway, if you haven’t rocked out in some way or another already today, you totally should- if not for yourself, then for Dimebag. You could rock out for me too if you feel like it. In fact, I would be pretty happy about it if you did.

Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home