Monday, August 07, 2006

This Moment In Morrissey


Here's a pretty good video of Morrissey performing at the Pinkpop Festival, which- to my understanding- is a big summer festival in the Netherlands or something. The song he is performing is the Smiths hit "Panic" and it's pretty excellent. Not to get all music nerd on you, but the song borrows heavily from T. Rex's "Metal Guru" in a really great way, which makes it even better. Anyway, I hope Morrissey tours over here in the United States soon so I can check that shit out.

Dave Hill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song, the sentiment is something I can really relate to and being British it makes me feel quite fond of the cities mentioned that I have visited or lived in. I used to slip down Leeds side streets (ones I later found out that the Yorkshire Ripper had been ripping in but 20 years previous so it's bygones). The Smiths aren't listened to by much of the mainstream public here but lots of people do quote this song when they hear some really bad music in a club. Bless Morrissey - he couldn't help being populist occasionally, no matter how much he hated it.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home