Monday, May 07, 2007

Near Death And Other Topics


I have been experiencing plague-like symptoms for the past six days now. I think it is the flu or something not unlike the flu. I am enjoying the weight loss but the puking and other stuff is not so much fun after the initial thrill has warn off. I am a walking miracle. I could go at any time.

In other news, I would like to remind you that my incredible television program “The King of Miami with Dave Hill” debuts tonight on the futuristic MOJO network at 9:30pm. I hope folks like it. The media blitz is under way. Earlier this morning, I did a radio interview with WNCX, the classic rock station in Cleveland. Being from Cleveland and all, I was looking forward to it and hoped it would go well. Unfortunately, it went pretty horribly. I’m not really cut out for the high-energy morning zoo type radio setting and they got rid of me pretty quickly. My sister called to let me know that they trash talked me for a while afterwards, saying how they would never watch my show, etc. My sister also said she thinks they didn’t understand the way I talk (slower than most people, I’m told) and were confused and maybe thought I was stoned or something. Oh well, I guess that’s how it goes sometimes. Oh, and also they can suck my massive balls.

In still other news, I have spent the past couple weeks shooting a web series with the excellent sketch group Dutch West for Tribeca Productions, the company owned by the “Meet The Fockers” guy. It was tons of fun. I played an English guy, which was a stretch for me, being a Cleveland guy and all, but I did my best. A couple days of the shoot were spent in and around Woodstock, New York, where I happened upon a pile of discarded road cases once used by Todd Rundgren during his Utopia period. Apparently the guy whose tour bus we were renting for the shoot (the shorts are about a punk rock band) used to work for Todd (presumably at his peak, since there were shitloads of these road cases and they were huge). There was something nice about being around Todd Rundgren’s road cases. I felt safe for some reason, like everything was going to be okay. Thanks, Todd.

Later on the same day I happened upon the Todd Rundgren road cases, I happened upon a shitload of radiators wrapped in heavy plastic and labeled “Canada.” It kind of blew my mind. Were the radiators from Canada or were they going to Canada? And why were there so many of them? The mind boggles.

Okay, I am going back to having the flu. More updates on assorted subject matters later.

Dave Hill

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

nice try on the whole radio interview thing. just remember how Ed Wood would handle the situation. "you didn't like the interview? well then, my next one will be better!"

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, they're fools. I listened to your delivery on the marriagedoesn'tsuck interview and I have to say, I was charmed. I have good taste so they are wrong.

JCE
x

4:11 PM  
Blogger jc said...

Dave I think you are doing some funny fucking shit
j. coneglio

9:29 PM  
Blogger Wall Street Loser said...

Dave,
I am not sure which is funnier, your show or the commercial of you riding through the desert on a moped alongside the other studs of Mojo? I love Dr. Danger Bob Arnot as I recall from my youth he was the morning doctor on CBS's morning show and was so ground breaking that Sanjay Gupta owes him like a million dollars for trailblazing the road for other doctor's to follow the path to increased riches and no liability insurance.

Keep on rocking it out in Miami! More hot chicks is always encouraged.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home