Monday, April 30, 2007

Dave's Catch O' The Day: Lucy Wainwright Roche's "8 Songs" EP


Hi there. I wanted to tell you about some music you should go buy and then listen to over and over again. It is Lucy Wainwright Roche's new EP, "8 Songs," which was recorded just blocks from my home. If you listen closely, you can almost smell me in the distance. But enough about me- Lucy's songs and voice are so great, it's kind of scary. She also does a few covers that will kick you right in the nuts with their awesomeness as well. You can buy Lucy's EP on iTunes or by going to her MySpace page. I have listened to it roughly 40 times in the last 48 hours. If you find yourself in New York City, Lucy is opening for her brother Rufus on June 5 at the Gramercy Theatre. Until then, you can watch this clip of Lucy performing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" with Rufus in Europe this past summer.


Dave Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home