Monday, November 12, 2007

Lucy Wainwright Roche, The Roches, And Tig Notaro: The Oneness


Speaking of Fleetwood Mac (mentioned a couple posts ago), here is a video of my friend Lucy Wainwright Roche performing her version of Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere" when she opened up for her brother Rufus at the Gramercy Theater a few months back. And speaking of Lucy, I am doing a show with her and some fun friends at Joe's Pub on December 16. The full scoop is here. You should totally come. It's gonna be a scorcher x50.

As hinted in Lucy's name, her mother is in the Roches, one of the greatest bands ever. Normally the idea of three women singing harmony over acoustic guitars might send me running in the other direction, but the Roches are total badasses. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they were a brand new group today. They kick the crap out of most new music today. To see what I'm talking about, watch the video above of them playing "The Hammond Song" in 1983.

And speaking of the Roches, one of the biggest Roches fans I know is my friend Tig Notaro, whom you might know as Officer Tig from the popular Sarah Silverman Program on Comedy Central. Here is a fun video of Tig and Steve Agee talking about the program and whatnot. I saw it a while ago but I am just getting around to posting it now because of my on-the-go lifestyle and stuff. Anyway, check that shit out.

Dave Hill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy is so nice and naive. Who knows what damage tig notaro has done to her. Lucy need to get wise but that is what happen when good perosn.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home