Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Incredible Show at Comix TOMORROW April 30


Attention People of New York City:

Must type fast. The Kinko's lady is being a major A-hole today. Anyway, I just wanted to remind you one last time that TOMORROW- which is to say Wednesday, April 30- at 8pm, I will be walking out onto the main stage of Comix, the Meatpacking District's premier house of consensual good times, and kicking off what should prove to be the greatest thing to happen in this town since the Gates. I am of course talking about my futuristic and one-time only extravaganza known in the Scandinavian press as Dave Hill's Festival of Sight and Sound and Other Stuff Featuring Dave Hill and Some Other People Too. I strongly encourage you to attend, like, for real. Aside from whatever unstoppable tricks I may have up my sleeve, I will be joined tomorrow by some of the most incredible show business professionals in North America, including but necessarily limited to the fresh-faced John Mulaney (Comedy Central, Conan), the puckish Dan Mintz (Comedy Central, Conan), the scrappy Larry Murphy (Assy McGee), the irascible Joe Mande (ECNY Award Winner, dammit), the winsome Laura Krafft (Colbert Report), the at-times-violent Meredith Scardino (Colbert Report), the saucy Dan Dratch (Man Show, Monk), and the downright vulgar Phil Costello (King of Miami, DH Explosion, COTU, Satanicide), who will be singing the hits. I should also point out that this show will be the last comedy show I will ever perform, since- starting May 1- I will be committing myself 100% to dance and nothing but dance. No, I am just kidding. I am not quitting comedy for dance (though dance will remain an interest). See? That is just one example of the kind of jokes and such that will be taking place at the incredible show I speak of in this e-mail. I really hope you can make it. You can get tickets here. Type in the secret discount code of HILL430 and you, the reader of this e-mail, will save five dollars, which is great. Okay, I hope to see you tomorrow. It would mean so much to me. Also, I am dying. No, just kidding again. I am not really dying. That is a joke. File under: more where that came from. Seriously though, I am a walking miracle. I could go at any time.

Your friend,
Dave Hill

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wish i could attend, but alas i live on the west coast. tell dan mintz i say hi (he'll know who it is).

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home